What makes you relaxed? What calms you down the best?
Could you sit for the next 5 minutes and do nothing? Psalm 46 says this: Be still and know that I am God!
It’s such a simple bible verse, but one that I need to always remind myself about; be still Megan and know that He is God.
Silence is not something the world does well anymore, 20 years ago maybe, but today, not a chance. We’ve got a constant connection to each other that does away with any alone time. Lets be honest here, the only way you can really be alone is if you turn your cell phone off.
But God really wants us to be still, He really wants us to take time each day and know that He is near.
He wants us to make sure that we put Him number one.
In a day how much time are you still and quiet listening for what God has to tell you?
It’s a constant strive for me to spend more time with God. I find myself thinking (a lot) ‘I really need to stop doing this and go read my bible and pray’. Next thing I know, an hour has gone by and my bible hasn’t been opened.
At the end of Matthew, Jesus tells us that He will never leave us, that He ’surely’ is with us always.
So at the end of the day, when Jesus has been with us all day, how do you think He feels when we haven’t spent a single minute of our day with Him?
Spending time with God shouldn’t be a task, it should be a want. I want to spend more time with God, but I’m lazy. (Admitting is always the first step) so I need help getting started, and help to keep going.
God is near us each day, but we have to start spending more time with Him.
My suggestion…read. Read your bible, read poems, read lyrics, read anything to do with God to get you focused. Maybe download a worship cd and listen to that for a while, get your mind focused on God before you go any farther.
Just sitting down and expecting God to speak to you isn’t how it works. But if you sit down and seek the Kingdom, God will show you how awesome He is.
Be still and know that God is here!

No comments:
Post a Comment