Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Until the Whole World Hears

It's amazing to me the amount of worship you can do sitting at a computer listening to music. I've recently come across the new Casting Crowns cd that has been nothing short of amazing.

The song Until the Whole world Hears is unbelievable, check it out when you can, but here are some of the lyrics:

Lord I want to feel your heart
and see the world through your eyes
I want to be your hands and feet
I want to live a life that leads
ready yourselves
Let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night
ready yourselves
May the powers of darkness tremble as our praises rise
Until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out
Lifting up Your name for all to hear the sound
Like voices in the wilderness we're crying out
as the day draws near
we'll sing until the whole world hears

Lord let your sleeping giant arise
Catch the demons by surprise
Holy nation sanctified
Let this be our battle cry

Want to be your hands and feet
Want to be a life that leads
To see you set the captive free
Until the whole world hears
and I pray that they will see more of you and less of me
Lord I want my life to be the song You sing
Until the whole world hears Lord we are calling out
Lifting your name up for all to hear the sound
Like voices in the wilderness we're crying out
as the day draws near
we'll sing until the whole world hears
We’ll sing until the whole world hears.

Do you have any idea how blessed we are? We live in America in 2010.
These lyrics really put in perspective for me the role I play as a Christ follower.
Like the lyrics say, I want to be His hands and feet.
Jesus tells us to go out into the world and make disciples of the nations. He tells us to help the needy. He tells us to leave everything we have behind and follow Him. He tells us that what we do for the least of them, we’ve done for Him. (read Matthew)

I think, just like the lyrics, there is a sleeping giant. We are a lazy generation that has to much, and we take to much for granted, myself included.

But what if we stopped? What if today we decided that we are really going to be His hands and feet.
Do you know that over 25,000 children die each day due to things like poverty, hunger, and disease?

I’m assuming that since you’re all reading this, it must mean that you have a computer, and you are most likely in your house, which has a refrigerator, and inside that fridge is food. You’ve got a roof over your head, and a bed to sleep in.

There a millions of people in this world that don’t have any of those things.

Jesus was ONE man who came to this earth and shook things up…think about what would happen if we all started to do something.

Saturday Melinda (my little sister) and I decided to sponsor a child through World Visions. We both had attempted to do this before, but I fear it was not for the right reasons. Saturday I felt God calling me to do more, starting with picking up that folder with Mapenzi…she’s 13 and lives in Zambia, and for $30 a month Melinda and I are going to help her eat, give her clothing, and share Gods love with her.

God put this on my heart for real this time, and I answered…and I cant tell you how awesome that feels.
We have a lot. Electronics, food, clothes, cars…I could go on, but I want a lot of God.

I want to start yelling out to the nations that Jesus is my Savior and that without Him I have nothing.

Hebrews 10:39- But we are not those who sink back and are destroyed, but those who believe and are saved.

Sitting back isn’t’ an option anymore. We have to start seeing the world through Gods eyes, because at that point we’ll all be on the same page. This isn’t about how much one of us can do, but how much all of us can do together! Satan can no longer hold us down!

God has so much for us all to do! We have to start calling out the name of Jesus. We have to start helping those who don’t have a fraction of what we’ve been blessed with.

Listen to the song, let God speak to you. He’s got a lot to say!

Find out what you can do. Let God give you something to do! There are so many great organizations to help! I posted a link to our Famine website on the group wall, check it out, donate if you can, and if you’re in the area I’d love for you to stop by during the Famine!

Gods given us too much…but the fact is that we have it.
Lets all start giving back what He’s given us.

Your sister in Christ,
Meg

No comments: