‘Obviously I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.’ -Galatians 1:10
One of the first people I’m going to find when I get to heaven is defiantly going to be Paul; its like he’s talking right to me!
Anyways, I was reading this piece of scripture this morning and laughed out loud because God couldn’t have handed me a more appropriate verse for my life right now.
I try to often to be a people pleaser, anyone that way? I feel like it could be a disease because sometimes I get so sick trying to please others that I forget totally about me…and more importantly my Creator. I think I too often worry about what others think of me, that I’m in the constant ‘approval’ mode from everyone. Always trying to do or say the right thing, always making sure I don’t disagree with people, always thinking that I have to keep trying with this person no matter how hard they knock me down, because if they think I’m cool then life just makes more sense.
We all do it, so don’t act like you’re immune to it.
Like I said before, unfortunately I forget first and foremost that the only one I should be trying to show off to is God. His is the only approval I’ll ever need. He’s the only one I need to think that I’m ‘cool’.
As humans we have no idea why we do some of the things we do. I’m not sure why I neglect some people in my life but yet keep pouring all my time and energy into the people who knock me down…anyone else do this?
‘So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I too, try to please everyone in everything I do’. -1 Corinthians 10:31
This is a great verse, Paul is explaining to us that what ever we do, do it for God! He’s the only one who counts.
Colossians 3:17 tells us ‘Whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving things through Him to God the Father.’
Everything we do, should represent Jesus. All the relationships in our lives should model around the ones Jesus had.
Have you ever noticed that Jesus didn’t walk around trying to win peoples approval? In fact He was disapproved by more than approved. I need to take that attitude more.
Be more like Jesus.
It’s a simple thought!
Have a wonderful day!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment