Friday, July 16, 2010

God is Love

I have to admit: I love love.
I love being loved, and having someone show me love. I love watching people in love. I love weddings, and I love hearts. I love flowers and those chocolate boxes that you eat half of all the candy to get to the good ones.

I love love.

I’ve been in love with a wonderful man for the past year who has shown me what loving someone really means. I love him a lot, and don’t know what I’d do without him…but, there’s someone else who I love more…there’s someone whose love is stronger than Sonny’s could ever be for me…God.

The fact that I’m here on this earth is enough to show love.

God loves us.

Most have the NIV bible…do you know the word LOVE is written 697 times in that version of the bible?

It’s written 494 times in the NKJV, and 585 times in the Message. It seems to me that a word written over 400 times must be pretty important.

We were created to love, and be loved.

Valentines day easily could be the cheesiest holiday…lets face it, it was created by Hallmark. However, whether your single, dating, or married…it shouldn’t just be this day that we focus on love.

We should always focus on love.

And the love we should focus on is the greatest love of all time: the LOVE we receive from our Heavenly Father.

His love is the only love we will ever need, it’s stronger and more generous than any human love. It will make us feel better than any amount of roses or chocolate (okay maybe chocolate :])

Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.


Psalm 13:5
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.


Psalm 6:4
Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.


Psalm 86:13
For great is your love toward me


Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you


Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Mark 10:21
Jesus looked at him and loved him


Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.


John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


John 15:12
My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
1 Corinthians 13:4
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

This life you live is because of LOVE. Not the love that needs a card or flowers, it’s the love that wont ever let you down. It’s the love that no matter what you do or say will always be waiting with arms wide open. It’s the kind of love that none of us could ever give to another human…but we have to try.

God is love. 1 John 4:16

Remember that the love we should have in our hearts is for the one who created love.

God we come to you full of love. Thank you for showing us what REAL love is. The kind of love we might never understand, but by your grace will receive it. Thank you for sending Your only Son to come die for us so we could know love. Forgive us for getting wrapped up in a holiday instead of just thanking You for the Love you’ve given us. You are our strength. Thank You for Your Love.
Amen.

Listen to this song!
http://popup.lala.com/popup/576742231835344535


((written on Valentines Day))

1 comment:

Rachel Breyer said...

Your link doesn't work : (