Monday, July 19, 2010

Heaven is Here

So take sometime and reflect on the following, Gods right here and wants to hear from you!

I can't tell you how many times in the past 2 weeks I have been reminded by God that I am where I am for a reason, and that His plans are FAR better than mine.
The Bible tells us over and over again that God is in control of our future, and also that we need to TRUST in Him.

Proverbs 3:5- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

I think more times than not, no matter how hard we try, we think that we have to make our plans, and forget that our Creator has already done that for us.

We live in the place we live for a reason.
We go to the school we go to for a reason.
We work the job we have for a reason.
We have the friends we have for a reason.

Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD.

But as much as we 'know' that...we forget it all the time.
We always want more.

It's human nature so don't feel bad.

But we have to realize that we HAVE IT ALL!
Anything we could ever want, we've got.

I was recently reading about Missionaries.
As I was reading I had this wave of jealousy come over me. The 'why not me' question played in my head over and over again.
This happened to be the day that I thought I had just bombed my math final, which would have resulted in failing the class, which would have set me back another semester.

I prayed a lot last week. Was this really what I was supposed to be doing? Am I supposed to be the Youth Leader at Hope? Am I supposed to go to Semanary? Am I supposed to go into ministry?

Monday morning, with thousands of other BCC students I logged on to find a beautiful C next to my math class...I passed the class. I'll graduate on time.

Have you ever had those moments where you're almost embarrassed you had questioned God?

Our King would never, EVER set us up for faliure.

Our plans that God created for us are more wonderful than we'll ever realize.

We have to trust in our Lord that He will provide. We have to pray daily to Him that we're on the right track.

You dont have to travel to Africa just to show people you want to spread Gods Love.

We have to realize that being a Christian is trusting in God, it's praying, it's showing people Gods Love...and before we take that global, you MUST do these things locally.

It's tough sometimes to be still and 'know that God is near'. It's tough sometimes to sit down and wait for God to tell you something.
But sometimes God just shows us that we're on the right track.

That we are where we are for HIS reasoning.

Daniel in the Bible is a great example. He worked for a ruthless King...but he kept that job, to be the light.
Daniel knew that God had sent him into that town to work for that King for a reason. ((Read Daniel!!))

God has sent us into the cities we're in for a reason.
To SHINE.

God has our plans set out. TRUST in Him.

Pray that God will let those plans be known if you don't know them. Pray that God will ignite a fire in you to burn your city down with Love for Him.

We are here for a reason. YOU matter to God. YOU were created to do beautiful things.

Keep doing what you love. Worship God while you do it.

Your Sister in Christ,
Meg

No comments: