Monday, July 19, 2010

My bff

Have you ever thought about the relationship you have with God?


Is it strong? Weak? Full of life?

As humans we are nothing without relationships, we need others. We need our parents, our best friends, and our significant others.

And most importantly we need our relationship with God.
But we have to ask for that relationship. God needs to hear us say that we can’t do this alone and that we need His help.

It comes down to this very simple question: have you accepted Jesus into your heart as your Savior?

If you haven’t I invite you now to do that. Most people think it has to be this really big thing, but it’s between YOU and GOD. You don’t have to be at a church for Him to hear you.

I’d also like to point out to those of us who are saved that praying this prayer every once in a while is really refreshing.

Jesus you are my Savior. I want you to come live in my heart. Jesus thank you for coming to this earth, to live as I am living and then die on a cross for ME. Thank you for forgiving me for all my sins. I want you in my life Jesus, I want you to be the reason I live. Be my everything. Lead me where you want me to go, let all my decisions come from you God. I thank you for this awesome life I get to live, Lord Jesus dwell in my heart.

Feel better? I do!

Psalm 23:6 says “Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever”.

The word dwell means to live in, to always be in…we ALWAYS want to live in the house of the Lord, we ALWAYS want Jesus to be in our hearts…that’s how we have a relationship with Him.

Having a relationship with Jesus starts with us realizing a couple simple things:

1) He’s all we’ll ever need.

2) He came to this earth and died on the Cross so we could have Eternal life with Him.

3) We have done nothing to deserve this relationship.

4) He’ll never go away because He’s mad at us, or because He doesn’t have time.

5) We have been saved by grace that we cant even imagine.

Ephesians 2:8 says “for it is by GRACE that you have been SAVED, and this is not from yourselves but it is the gift of God”.

This is great news!!!!

Our Lord in Heaven wants a relationship with us more than we’ll ever be able to realize. He has given us this amazing life to live, but we can not do it alone, we need Him!

Jesus is waiting for us all to ask Him into our hearts if we have not already done so. He expects us to.

Please listen to Hill songs ‘You Hold me Now’.
Or just look at the lyrics below:

All my fear is swept away
In the light of your embrace
When Your love is all I need
And forever I am free


Where the streets are made of gold
In Your presence healed and whole
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone


No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now


In this life I will stand
Through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day
There's a hope that never fails


When Your name is lifted high
And forever praises rise
For the glory of Your Name
I'm believing for the day


When the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
Let the songs of heaven rise to you alone


No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness, no sick or lame
No hiding You hold me now,
You hold me now


For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your name


For eternity
All my heart will give
All the glory to Your name


I don’t know about you but I could sing that over and over again to God.

Pray to our amazing Father in Heaven and thank Him for this life you’ve been given. Thank Him for His immeasurable grace He’s given you!

Your Sister in Christ,
Meg

No comments: