I've been so busy lately, which I know is no excuse and I've been praying about what to write.
Well today God told me.
I have a lot of friends who don't believe in God. Lots. I'm reminded every time we talk that our God is greater, and that He is awesome in His power. I think sometimes it's easy for us Christ followers to always think that we're fine and that Satan isn't really out there trying to pull us down.
Boy are we wrong.
Recently in a heated political debate, I came across a website that is from an organization trying to eliminate 'In God we Trust' from the dollar bill because it doesn't represent the American people as a whole, just those that believe in God.
((this is a whole other topic in itself))
But I came across a portion of the website dedicated to looking up scriptures and explaining how they were ‘contradictory’ or where there were parts of the bible that were ‘bigotry’. As I sat there looking at this website I got really sad. Not angry but sad.
I’m sad that there are people that actually think “God in His mercy” is a contradiction, they believe that God can’t be full of mercy.
God immediately put for Chris Tomlins song Our God into my head. Check out the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ0Dv7kzoA&feature=related
I want this to be short and simple…cause lets face it I gatta study…jk jk!
But if you get anything from this message let it be this: be bold in Christ! Stand firm in our awesome God that loves us and is FULL of mercy! Don’t let anyone tell you different! Especially people who believe in science over God…what do they know about love and faith?!?
And be ready!! Satan is waiting to quickly and quietly move in without us even blinking an eye! He’s out there in websites trying to diminish the word of God. Don’t let him!
Blessed are those that trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence! -Jeremiah 17:7
And this righteousness will bring peace. Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever. -Isaiah 32:17
We rely on what Christ Jesus has done for us. We put no confidence in human effort. -Philippians 3:3
Have a great week, and good luck on finals!!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment