Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
"God desires that He be recognizable in us in all that we do! Living a life that glorifies God is synonymous with living a life that reveals God."-Beth Moore, Breaking Free
Here we are again...at the beginning of a whole new 365 days to bring glory to God. We get a whole new year to share the gospel, pray for people, lift people up, and live a life that reveals God.
Every year we start off with resolutions that we hope will change the way we do things. Maybe you don't floss enough, so a resolution will be to floss. Or maybe you watch too much tv, so your resolution is to cut 2 hours a day out.
I don't want a resolution this year.
I want to do this year different. Really really different than any other year.
This year, I don't just want to hear a sermon that makes my eyes bug out, and the next week I don't even remember what it was about. This year I want to really dive into Gods Word and begin to truly keep it in my heart and memorize it.
I want God to be recognizable in everything that I do this year.
It's a lot though, if we're being honest with each other. Think about it, every day, every action you take, reveal God.
Here's the problem: I'm far from perfect.
But it's something I can and want to work on.
I think the word glory is such a beautiful word. Say it one time aloud: glory. Say it again though with some va voom. GLORY!
Isaiah 43:7 tells us that God not only created and formed us, and that He calls us by name, but that He created us for His glory. Find that verse and read it...God created you for His glory.
The same glory that He created His Son with. "The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth" John 1:14
Jesus is our glory! The word glory is beautiful because of where it comes from.
Christ = glory.
Paul tells us in the first chapter of Colossians that 'God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory" (1:27). When you have Christ dwelling inside of you, there is no possible way to not let His light shine on the outside.
This is where I stop and ask the age old question: is Jesus your Savior? Have you actually said out loud (even in your own room) 'Jesus I love you and need you to come into my life and live in my Heart'.
Being a Christ follower is a relationship, not a religion. Every relationship has to have a start. The best news is that this one won't ever end!
When we live everyday with the Holy Spirit in us, we exemplify Christ. Not perfectly, but that's the beauty with it. God knows that we're not living on earth wondering around trying to walk on water and turn that water into wine...but He knows our heart and what we truly believe in. He knows that it is a constant battle down here against the Evil one, and that we are (everyday) making that attempt to know Him more.
Glorifying God doesn't turn on Monday morning and off Friday afternoon. It's a constant. It also just doesn't come in the blink of an eye. When we study God's Word we learn more and more what His glory really looks like. Having the Word deep in our heart leaves us with no choice but to show it on the external.
So go show the world God's glory!!
Jesus prayed for us in John:
I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them (17:9).
Be glorious!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment