Thursday, February 24, 2011

Your love is extravagant

The definition of extravagant is:
-exceeding the bounds of reason, as actions, demands, opinions, or passions.
-going beyond what is deserved or justifiable

In the 15th chapter of John Jesus tells us that "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love".

God loved Christ so much that He sent Him to the earth to die for all our sins.
And Jesus loves us just as much.
But we've done nothing to deserve it.

I am in love with this song right now because of the worship it brings to me. Don't watch the movie, in fact, just hit play and move away from the computer.


Christ's love goes beyond anything that we deserve, or can even try and justify. I know I haven't done anything to deserve this kind of life...but I'll sure take it!
We follow an amazing God. He doesn't require much, just to love Him and walk in His ways. I pray every morning for God to use me in some way to the people around me because I want to thank Him for what He's given me. You see, when we follow Christ and daily take up our cross, we're showing our faithfulness to God. I believe with all my heart that God rejoices when we choose to follow Him, and not the world. He rejoices when we choose to be a little bit different than everyone else.

We live in a world where so many people need to be constantly reminded of how good they are, or how pretty they are, or that 'yea we're still friends'. Isn't it a great feeling to know that none of that matters? The only one that does matter want's to have an intimite relationship with you...not one of constant reasurance, just one that wants to love you. Because you're you.

Take some time and worship the God that loves you because you're you. 

Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate
I feel like moving to the rhythm of Your grace
Your fragrance is intoxicating in our secret place
Your love is extravagant
Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again
Spread wide in the arms of Christ is the love that covers sin
No greater love have I ever known; You considered me a friend
Capture my heart again
Your love is extravagant
Your friendship, it is intimate


Have a blessed day,
Your sister in Christ,
Meg


No comments: