Having a relationship with Christ isn't aways the easiest...but have you ever taken the time to think about those who don't share the same love for God that you do?
In your hearts, set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. -1 Peter 3:15
It wont come as a shocker to hear that not everyone walking this earth has been saved by God's undeserving grace. In fact the numbers are too heart breaking to put up here...and we're not the winners unfortunately. It's been on my mind lately all those who know about God and choose not to believe in Him.
How do they do it?
What on earth are they living for?
Jeremiah 1:5 is a promise from the Lord that makes me jump for joy: "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations".
I can't help but smile when I know that the Creator of the Universe, knew I would be a prophet even before I was in my Mommy's belly. Before I knew how to walk, or talk, before I knew what blogger was...He had designed me to do this.
Paul revisits this amazing promise in Galatians, "But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles" (1:15). Please don't miss this point, God has set you apart. He has set us all apart...we have just realized the grace that comes along with it.
But again, could you imagine going through this life and not knowing Gods love, and what that all entails?
This isn't the message where I'm going to get all Hell fire and brimstone on you...but really...how do people do it?
We live in a world where war wages everyday, where human life isn't valued, where people hold grudges and stay angry at each other, where children have no respect for their parents, where couples physically and mentally abuse each other...needless to say, it's not fun out there.
Unless you've got something more to live for.
Hebrews 7:25
"Therefore He is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through Him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
He is the kind of high priest we need because He is holy and blameless, unstained by sin. He has been set apart from sinners and has been given the highest place of honor in heaven."
I couldn't have said it better myself.
I long for the day where everyone on earth is singing and praising His name. But we, as Christ followers, have to come together and set that example. Be that light, and share His love.
Wake up all you who know His name but don't bask in His grace!
Why keep focused on what's going to happen today when you could be focused on the life you'll have in Heaven! With no heart break, no hard feelings, no pain...just joy!
Yes your life will have to drastically change, you'll slip up (we all do), you'll fall, but there is Someone waiting for you with open arms! And His love is more than anything you'll ever experience.
Jesus, I lift up those who know about you, but choose not to be consumed in your grace. God show them that your ways are far about better than their own and that a life in You is a life worth living! Jesus use us to help them, give us strength and courage to be the light and never falter to this world. Your grace is enough!
Amen
Have a blessed day,
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
No comments:
Post a Comment