I'm still amazed when I look back on my past at all the stupid things I've done, and marvel at the fact that God never left me.
He never gave up on me.
He never got tired of my terrible routine.
He never (and will never) leave my side.
Matthew 28: 19
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Monday night Sonny (my wonderful husband) came home complaining his stomach hurt. The pain never went away and Tuesday morning we found ourselves sitting in the Emergency room waiting patiently to be called.
Later, rather than sooner, we found out that Sonny had appendicitis, and he needed to have surgery that evening. After 12 long hours of waiting, he finally went in, and came out perfect! However, I was in for a really long night.
The thought never once crossed my mind to leave his side. Ok, I went home to shower and eat when we found out we'd be staying over night, but stay with me.
I couldn't have imagined him going through that 24 hours alone, or with out me. Through the shots, pokes and prodes from doctors, the pain, the smiles (Morphine does that) and the surgery.
I'm amazed at how much my 'life mentality' has shifted now that I'm married. He's the most important thing in my life, and I put him even before me. The last 24 hours were exhausting for me, but his comfort meant more than mine. I couldn't sleep in that lovely chair (was it make of rocks?), but hearing his cute snore soothed me because I knew he was ok.
And it got me thinking today.
We're the most important thing in Gods life. He couldn't imagine leaving our side even if we're just watching tv.
Love is the most amazing thing to experience.
But here's true love:
For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16
He loved the world so much.
That He gave His only Son.
Sometimes I can't even begin to wrap my brain around how Mighty God is.
I love that this version says He 'loved the world so much'. Think about the people in your life that you love so much. Your spouse, mom, dad, siblings, friends. Imagine how much you love them, and then multiply that by a million and we might be close to how much God loves us.
Our God, the Creator of the Universe, the One who makes the stars shine and the sun rise, will not ever leave your side because He loves us.
I bet He didn't even go home to get a quick shower.
Bask in God's love. And praise Him for never leaving you.
I hope Beloved that you know He's never and will never leave you. No matter what.
Be blessed in knowing He is aways with you!
5 comments:
I'm so glad your husbands surgery went well! Surgeries are a scary time. :)
The message of this post is great! That's why I love your blog title (and the blog as well!): LOVE is most important in life! And God loves us more than anyone else ever could!
I cried a little bit reading this because it's so true. Sometimes its easy to forget when all these troubles start tumbling upon us, that God knows whats going on and that he always loves us first and foremost.
Very proud of you <3
What a great post!
The beginning of the post really struck me because I had a conversation with a friend I'm trying to help last night. She said she is pretty certain she's going to hell because of the things she's done. It's hard for her to believe right now that none of that matters to Him!
LOVE this! It is so true and something that I think we all forget or take for granted. What a wonderful reminder that we always have Him with us, through the good and the bad and even in the boring mundane parts too. We're stuck and thats AWESOME!
I love the blog! i don't use blogger, but they have some pretty backgrounds. I prefer wordpress, but this looks pretty good! I came over from blog frog Incourage community. Nice to meet you! I can't put my website here bc there isn't an option, so you can visit me here: www.crossdrivenhome.com.
Thanks! -Michelle
Post a Comment