We both almost simultaneously laughed and commented that it doesn't matter what we plan out because God could come in tomorrow and change it all, to where we don't even recognize the road He is telling us to turn right at.
My times are in your hands...let your face shine on your servant;
save me in your unfailing love.
-Psalm 32:14-15
If there is one thing I have learned about God, it's that He really doesn't like when we try to make our future plans without Him, in fact He doesn't like it so much, that He won't give us the tools we need to succeed.
You see, when you follow Christ, and have made the best choice of your life to follow Him, God will equip you with all you need to have a bright future.
Our future has unlimited possibilities and God wants to do the impossible with our lives.
Sometimes I really do have to laugh at myself for trying to do things on my own and with out the help of God.
Anyone ever make some plans with out going to God first?
My list goes on and on.
Beloved please understand that with God, you don't have to worry about your future, because God has already set you on His course.
This isn't to say that you just get to kick back and wait for every opportunity to be brought to you: it's about what we're doing with the time God has given us.
Because in case you haven't heard this before: we aren't guaranteed tomorrow.
But this shouldn't be a fear...when God is ready for us, He'll call us home, until then we should revel in all He's given us down here.
How we spend our time here on earth is so very important to God and His Kingdom.
Yes we could be filthy rich and have everything we've ever wanted, but how is that furthering the Kingdom of God?
How do you spend your time?
I'm human, so there are day's that I go to bed without even glancing at my bible; and there are other days where I just can't seem to put it down. But each day I wake up and pray for God to use me.
Do I do the best job every day, of course not...but I think God loves my effort. He rejoices when I quote scripture to people in times of need, and He loves when I spend time in prayer with Him.
But I could still be doing more.
Don't ever think you're doing enough for God, because that's when you've got it all backwards.
I love what Moses tells God in the Psalm 90:
"Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom".
He isn't trying to tell you that you need to make a paper chain till 'the end of the world' but he's trying to get us to realize that our days are numbered, but when we gain that heart of wisdom from God we can do extraordinary things.
We could change the world.
We could bring Christ to those who don't know Him.
We could encourage fellow brothers and sisters.
Each day is a gift from God. Spend some time in prayer thanking Him for the time He's given you, and ask Him how He needs you to spend it.
Sow for yourselves righteousness,
reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground;
for it is time to seek the Lord until He comes
and showers His righteousness on you.
-Hosea 10:12
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
Meg

3 comments:
Being Kingdom Minded is so vital! Great encouragement...thanks!!
What beautiful thoughts! I am doing the Priscilla Shirer Jonah study and was reminded of the same thing this morning. Love what you shared!
Love you and your blog. Proud of you always. xox
Post a Comment