For me, music is my worship.
When ever I clean the house I blare Hillsong like I'm at a concert right in front of them, and most times find myself standing in the kitchen arms raised, praising the Holy One.
Lately I've been on a JJ Heller kick. She.is.amazing.
I love her soft acoustic voice, and her lyrics are unbelievable. Here's an oldie, but a favorite.
Only Love Remains
Scenes of you come rushing through
You are breaking me down
So break me into pieces
That will grow in the ground
I know that I deserve to die
For the murder in my heart
So be gentle with me Jesus
As you tear me apart
Please kill the liar
Kill the thief in me
You know that I am tired of their cruelty
Breathe into my spirit
Breathe into my veins
Until only love remains
You burn away the ropes that bind
And hold me to the earth
The fire only leaves behind whatever is of worth
I begin to see reality for the first time in my life
I know that I'm a shadow
But I'm dancing in your light
Teach me to be humble
Call me from the grave
Show me how to walk with you upon the waves
Breathe into my spirit
Breathe into my veins
Until only love remains
That's what I want: Jesus to tear me apart. I want His to kill the thief in me and the liar. I want nothing but love to radiate from me.
Sometimes I have to pull myself down to reality and make sure I know I'm not perfect and that I have a long long way to go. I tend to spend a couple day's with God and feel great then go a week without anytime with Him, reminding myself about those two great days.
That's not how it works.
Song's like these remind me of the blatant truth that I'm not even willing to tell myself sometimes.
I love reminders.
Show me how to walk with you upon the waves, breathe into my spirit, breathe into my veins.
I need to have God breathing in my veins and spirit.
I need Him daily to be with me, for every action, decision I make, and words I use. It's insane to me how people think they can do this life without Him, what makes sense to them?
Beloved, it makes sense to us because we're dancing in His light.
So dance. Don't just walk or jog, but dance in His light because it's the greatest light you'll ever receive. Radiate it back! It's not like a tan that will show up and then be gone in a couple months...this light is forever!
Sometimes I have to go back to the basics with God and I love songs like this. It makes my heart come alive with love for my Savior and reminds me that I do need Him daily.
I need to remember, not just during a wonderful song, but all the time that Jesus loves me.
I want nothing left but love for God.
Go dance in His light!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
4 comments:
Hi Megan, Wow that song is amazing - Had not heard of JJ Heller the lyrics are so what I have been going through - but what a poetic way of saying .."The fire only leaves behind whatever is of worth". I can either feel like a 'marshmellow' without the smores or as that piece of valuable refined silver held by the fire - leaving behind whatever is of worth. God Bless, come visit my blog, Blu Wings of Grace.
:-))
LOVE! This whole post. You have an awesome heart. I look forward to reading more by you!
Beautiful Song!!! Your words were so inspiring and motivational!
thank you SO much for all the encouragement!
Post a Comment