Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Guest Post!

Hi everyone! I am so excited to announce Guest Posting! I have seen this idea on multiple blogs and think it's such an awesome way for people to share Gods love.

I picked the first guest post, but from here on out, it's up to who ever feels so lead to share! Please check out the tab on the top of the page to find out more information.

Our first guest poster is my beautiful little sister Melinda.
(can you tell we're related?)

She just turned 20 years old (WoW!) and is a student at the University of South Florida. She loves Jesus and has an amazing voice, when she doesn't have her noise in her books she likes to come home and visit her familia.
Here's what she's got to say :)

When I look at my life and the lives of people around me, sometimes I can't help but think what isn't God doing in our lives? In my case at least, I'm healthy, and if I get sick there are thousands of doctors available to help me. I'm financially stable, or at least as financially stable as a 20 year old college student can be. I am a student who has the opportunity to earn an education. I have a beautiful family who loves me and cares about me. I have an amazing boyfriend who encourages me and makes me happy. I have generous friends who would stop anything to help me out. I live in a free country where I'm allowed to openly express my religion, political affiliation, and point of view without being persecuted. And that country that allows me to be free also has thousands of brave men and women risking their lives to help other people be free too. I have passion and hobbies, like cooking (insert shameless plug to advocate my new blog!). And best of all, I'm alive. And I'm not just alive, as in breathing and pumping blood, I'm LIVING. I laugh, I cry, I love, learn, listen, thrive, pray.

So again I ask what isn't God doing??
Sometimes, on rare occasions, it's hard not to feel like life is coming all at once. In the past few weeks "when it's rained, it's poured". Friends have lost loved ones, pets, jobs, and opportunities. A USF student committed suicide when he was a semester away from finishing grad school. And the store I work at is closing, and thus my job has an expiration date. In addition to tests and papers and projects piling up to the roof. Sometimes it's hard to remember what is important about this life. Whenever I feel like I'm at my wits end, lost to any possible solution to a problem, I go outside, close my eyes, and let the sunshine warm me. To me, the sun is like God reaching out of the sky and wrapping his arms around you. It gives me a second to catch my breath and organize things.
I encourage you to take a few minutes everyday to let God wrap his arms around you, whether that's sitting in the sun, reading his word, swimming in the pool, cooking a new meal, or listening to music. Whatever it is, find it, and do it.

Isn't she great?! Check out her blog, she just got started and is still working on it but would love some followers: http://notmomscooking.blogspot.com/
 
have a wonderful day!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg

2 comments:

Emily said...

WOW! this is so wonderful! THANK YOU so much for sharing this on your blog! I am inspired and feel refreshed. God bless you both!! :)

Unknown said...

thanks so much Emily! bless you girlfriend!