Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dying He saved me

By now it was noon. The whole earth became dark, the darkness lasting three hours—a total blackout. The Temple curtain split right down the middle. Jesus called loudly, "Father, I place my life in your hands!" Then he breathed his last. Luke 23:44-47

Yesterday we celebrated Christs' death. Celebrated may seem like an odd word when it's followed by a death, but it was. Christ died on that cross for sinners like me, so that I could have life in eternity with Him.

I get of such mercy when I read the story about the cross.
He went through all that for me.
Me.
The one who messes up all the time, the imperfect one.

I went to Good Friday services with my mom, and the pastor talked about the importance of the cross. He made one statement that I just have to share with you:
There were hundreds of crucifixions going on, but only One was a Chosen Crucifixion.

Beloved I hope and pray that you know, that Christ choose to die on that cross for us. As the bible tells us, people stood around and mocked Him, yelling "He saved others, let Him save Himself. King of the Jews? Help yourself now!" (Luke 23:35).
But yet Christ stayed, hands and feet nailed to the cross, lungs clenched for the next short breath available, blood streaming down His body, for you.

My mom and I took communion together. We prayed and I couldn't help the tears streaming down my face. I felt so small. For a moment it was difficult to even get out 'Thank you Lord for what You did for me', because sometimes it still blows my mind that He did that for me. He thinks I'm that important, and loves me that much. As we prayed, we thanked Him for this life of ours, and we thanked Him for the sacrifice He made for us.

Jesus loves us.
This weekend can get away from us, but take some time to meditate on how awesome our God is. How mighty He is to save. This is such a beautiful weekend for us Beloved. As the verse says above, place your life in Gods hands. Be loved in a way no other human can love you!

This song couldn't be more perfect for Easter.



Happy Easter!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love that you are willing to use the word celebrated in relation to Jesus' death! So many people would think it's absolutely horrendous to think of it as a celebration, but that's precisely what it should be!

elizabeth said...

Beautiful, beautiful post. It really is unbelievable that Christ died for us.
I'm becoming a follower! I like the way you write. :)