Sunday, April 3, 2011

Here's the deal

So lately I've been sucked up in the 'I need my blog to be better' world.
I want it to stand out more, I want more followers.

Funny, I gave up Facebook for Lent, but I find myself wondering through the Blogger World (giggles) to take up what would have been time spent on Facebook.
Defeats the whole purpose.

So I wanted to make things a clear for my wonderful readers.

This isn't a blog where you'll win free stuff.
This isn't a blog focused on posting pictures every time.
This isn't a blog dedicated to telling you all my talents and to promote anything I make.
This isn't a blog for me.

This blog is for the One who has Saved us.
This blog is for the One who is the answers to all my problems.
This blog is for the One who forgives us all.
This blog is for the One I can't even begin and try to wrap my head around.
This blog is for the King of Heaven and Earth.
This blog is for the One who loves us.

Don't get me wrong. There are so many wonderful blogs out there that are what I call 'fun' like my other blog (my adventures as a wife)! Ones where you'll win awesome prizes, and ones where you'll see pictures of adorable prego women and their babies, ones where you'll see the most amazing God given talent with crafty things.

But not here.

I hope that by reading this blog you'll understand that I love Jesus and I'm not satisfied with where I am in life because every day I want more of Him.
I hope you'll understand that I have a real relationship with my Savior, and I pray that if you don't have one, you will. And if you are in love with Jesus too, that this will help you just a tiny bit.

So whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31

I'm praying that in this season of my life, I will start to make some drastically new decisions.
 I'm praying that the Creator of the Universe will send His Holy Spirit upon me,
and allow me to do the will He created for me.
I'm praying that He will open up doors for me.
I'm praying He'll give me strength, and patience. I'm praying that He'll use me right where I am.
I'm praying He'll give me the wisdom I am seeking.



I want to take Your Word and shine it all around;

First, help me just to live it, Lord.
And when I'm doing well
Help me to never seek a crown;
For my reward is giving glory to You.
 
Your sister in Christ,
Megan

3 comments:

Emily said...

amen amen and amen :) Thank you for sharing what was on your heart, sister! Hope you had a GREAT time at the beach!

Sydney said...

AMEN, Megan!! Same for me (except for the occasional giveaway of a favorite book of mine!). God is so awesome, and I'm so glad He has brought us together through the "blogger world"!

Israel Sanchez said...

Amen and amen. That's why I write my blog, to share His love and light.