Colossians 3: 12-15
Since God chose you to be the holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you.
Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others.
Above all clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts.
Have you ever had those difficulty seasons in your life where you just can't seem to get it right? Or maybe you are going through too much at once?
I'm in a season where things are a bit foggy. Work is not going well for me, and since that's where I spend a lot of my time, it's starting to affect other areas of my life.
I was fumbling through my bible waiting for God to just swing it open to the right passage when I stumbled upon this beautiful word.
I love that He knows what I need.
I need to remind myself that God has chosen me to be where I am. He loves me so much that He has given me everything that I have...even the things I'm constantly complaining about.
I need to clothe my self with:
tenderhearted mercy,
kindness,
humility,
gentleness,
and so much patience.
I find that when I need God to speak to me clearly, He gives me scriptures like this...anyone else?
If I can be honest here: I take things really personally and get really offended really easily. God forgives me when I do something to offend Him, (which I'm human and I'm sure I have) so why can't I do it just as easily to a friend or co-worker?
Above all, clothe yourself with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.
Oh, that's why I need to forgive and get over the little things: because God made even those that offend me. And we're all bound by love.
Bound in perfect harmony.
Like a beautiful song.
I need to push all the...crap (for lack of a better term) aside and focus in on HIS will for my life.
The little things that really push us over the edge aren't worth it.
I need kindness and humility.
Heavenly Father, I'm praying that you let this piece of Your word sink into my heart. Let me memorize it and repeat it to myself when I need it. Give me wisdom and kindness in moments of offense. I need your mercy Lord so I can show it to others, and Lord grant me the patience that You have. Lord I am focusing on You and You only. You have created me for so so so much more Lord and I pray that I use all that You've blessed me with. You are Holy Lord.
Amen
Be blessed!
Your sister in Christ,
Meg
1 comment:
Thank you for this beautiful truth, Meg!!
Post a Comment