There are some times when I feel like I just can't hear God because I'm too busy making sure people know I'm 'doing it for God'. I loose track of His will.
I'm only human.
Sometimes the business and bustle get in the way. 'I don't have time right now', 'I don't think that's what God wants me to do', 'I'll do it when I can'. What about when God is the one asking you to do something?
I just stumbled upon these couple of verses in Isaiah (50:4-11)
The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom,
so that I know how to comfort the weary.
Morning by morning he wakens me
and opens my understanding to his will.
The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me,
and I have listened.
I have not rebelled or turned away.
I offered my back to those who beat me
and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard.
I did not hide my face
from mockery and spitting.
Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,
I will not be disgraced.
Therefore, I have set my face like a stone,
determined to do his will.
And I know that I will not be put to shame.
He who gives me justice is near.
He who gives me justice is near.
Who will dare to bring charges against me now?
Where are my accusers?
Let them appear!
See, the Sovereign Lord is on my side!
Who will declare me guilty?
All my enemies will be destroyed
like old clothes that have been eaten by moths!
Who among you fears the Lord
and obeys his servant?
If you are walking in darkness,
without a ray of light,
trust in the Lord
and rely on your God.
But watch out, you who live in your own light
and warm yourselves by your own fires.
and warm yourselves by your own fires.
I need to memorize these verses asap.
Lately it's been a lot of what I want to hear. It's been my own decisions and although I've prayed about them, I haven't taken the time to sit down and listen for God to 'give me words of wisdom'. There's been too much time talking on my part and not waiting to hear His divine word.
When we take the time to sit and listen, God will awaken us in the morning to understand His will. When we don't have this cluttering our mind (that we think is His word) our thoughts will be as clear as day.
Beloved God wants us to know His will, He is waiting patently for us to look up and ask for it.
But we have to listen.
A long time ago I heard a pastor say 'if you've got butterflies it's God'.
Have you ever had those times in your life where you just know you should do something? You get that heart beating thing going on, and you can almost here God yelling 'GET UP!'...but you don't.
Maybe it was an alter call, or when a pastor asked for prayer request. Or maybe it was to reach over and grab the last of your cash to give it to the homeless girl on the side of the road. Or maybe it was to have you speak up to a co-worker, and spread the greatest message they'll ever hear.
See the Sovereign Lord is on my side! (verse 9)
God is on our side. Most of the time when I have that 'I should have done that' feeling, it's because I didn't do the will of God. Most days I don't hear God tell me what to do, but I can just sense His presence and I sometimes don't listen. I love when Isaiah says 'I have set my face like a stone, determined to do His will. And I know that I will not be put to shame' (verse 7).
A stone. I think I'm thinking more of a boulder on this one.
I don't want to move unless it is Gods will.
I need to be determined to know His will.
Sometimes I get too defeated because He doesn't tell me right then and there what I need to do. He's building me patience this I know, but I still move on to quickly, often missing something divine.
He who gives me justice is near. (verse 8)
I need to give more trust to God. I need to not worry when I don't hear from Him in 24 hours. He teaches us in ways we'll never understand but what good would it be if He just popped up with the answer in a minute.
What little faith we'd have.
Trust in the Lord and rely on your God.
I am relying on you God. I am determined to know your will and want to seek You more. I know God that you just don't give me the answers I want when I want them, but when You want them. This life you have given me is Yours, I pray that I bring You joy because you have given me the ultimate joy.
Your sister in Christ,
Megan

2 comments:
Hi Megan, I have hopped over from my own blog and have become one of your new followers:
Lovely article. I wrote something similar and It's amazing how we get our messages across with our own 'personalities' stamped on them. (have a look at women who multi-task)
http://debrasdailydialogue.blogspot.com
Blessings
Debra xx
Hey Megan! I just found you through my blog followers and wanted to say hello! (And I really loved these words in particular from the Scripture you posted: "Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced." What a promise!)
Post a Comment