Do you ever have those weeks where it just starts at the top of the hill and avalanches down?
You know, the "when it rains, it pours" types of weeks?
I've been so blessed to have her enter into my life, and can feel God in our friendship.
But today, even as I prayed for her, I felt so helpless.
See, my beautiful friend lost her dad a couple years ago.
Something I can't relate to, even if I tried.
Before she left for the day, I grabbed her and we walked outside, and I prayed.
And as I came inside, I started to think about what it really means to 'rely on God'.
I also started to think about how does she do it?
At 21 years old, her dad is in heaven waiting for her.
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding.
She has trust in the Lord.
As we talked through out the day, I tried so hard to be able to say something to her that would make her feel better. I've always liked to think that I'm a pretty good advice giver...but what advice do you give a young person who's lost their parent? How could I even think about saying 'I know how you feel'. I can't. I don't.
But beloved, that's why we have a mighty God.
One who tells us to: not let your hearts be troubled, trust in God (John 14:1). He promises us that no matter what, when thinks get really hard, He'll be there for us.
Even as I write this, I'm praying that He'll give me the right words to say when she needs them.
Have you ever felt like that?
Or maybe you're like my friend...the one with all the questions. Know that you are loved and we are praying for you daily.
If there's one thing I've realized, it's that I am unbelievably blessed. God has given me way to much.
And yet, I don't thank Him even half of the times I should.
I fall short. I don't say thanks. I take more than I give.
But each day, God surrounds me with His undeserving grace. The grace that saved me.
The grace that will not just get my friend through this tough time, but will hold her, and love her, and show her that she's going to be ok.
Because she will. You will. I will. We all will.
Sometimes we don't know why things happen. I have no idea why her dad won't be there on her wedding day for her. I don't know why babies die, and I don't know why people kill people. There are things we just don't know and won't ever know.
And I'm ok with that.
For I trust in the Lord.
It's not simple, but it's what has to be done if we ever think we'll get out of any rut we're in.
I'm no expert here, but there are only two things in life that matter:
God and people.
If we surround ourselves with Him, and people. We'll make it.
Heavenly Father we come to You today in thanks. We know that no matter how hard life gets, You're going to be there to see us through it. We know that things are difficult at times, but we trust in You. You are our strength and refuge in the storm. Be gentle with us, we might be slow to understand this, but we'll get it. We bask in your promise that You'll never leave us or forsake us. Thank you for your blessings beautiful Lord.
Amen
4 comments:
This is such a great post!! Thank you so much!! It is great to be reminded of the Lords grace and mercy for us, and you have said it in such a beautiful way.
You have a beautiful blog, by the way. I'm new-ish to it, but I have read some past posts and I am absolutly loving what you have written!
I'm looking forward to your future posts!!
-Elizabeth :)
Thank you. Very well said. He is with us through everything...even the hard things. I have a friend who always tells me...God is faithful...and He is!
Blessings to you
Chelle
A lovely post and straight to the point. God is with us ... always. Even when you dont know what to say - the way you behave, the way you LIVE your life (being a testimony to our Lord Jesus) will encourage others. God is faithful.
What a beautiful post. How great that your friend has someone like you to lift her up to our Father and encourage her! =)
Kristina J.
Post a Comment