90 days from now (well technically 89) I will be able to say that I have read the whole bible.
yep, the whole thing.
I signed up to be a part of the Bible in 90 Days challenge, not really thinking too much about it.
Yesterday was the first day, and holy cow did I hear God speaking to me.
I've had a really up and down last two weeks, some so high up with God I was crying tears of joy, and some so low because of Satan I cried out for help. Each time remembering Gods amazing love for me.
I'm so glad they called it a challenge, because that's exactly what it is.
No part of this is going to be easy.
And God doesn't want it to be.
I'm at times ashamed because in conversations I don't have a lot to say because of my minimal knowledge on the bible, and now that all gets to change.
It's going to be really difficult to find time each and every day to do this, but if it's something that I really want in my heart, God will provide the time; like He has already.
I know there are going to be days that I just don't want to read, and days that I'll read the section I need to and close my bible having no idea what the heck I just read about...because lets be honest, lineage is not an easy thing to get through. In fact I'm writing them all down to remember!
So 90 days from now here's where I hope to be:
-so consumed by God I don't know what to do with myself :)
-prepared mentally to the world on with Gods Word
-having a better understanding of what Gods Word means
-spiritually miles ahead of where I am now
-in a great daily routine of spending time with God
Did you know it takes a measly 21 days to form a habit (or break one)? Think about what a great habit I'll have in 90 days!!
I wish I would have done a post on this earlier, because I'm not sure if you can join now or not...but if you're interested I highly encourage you to email someone about it!
I'm hoping you'll pray for me! I'll need a lot of strength these next 90 days, mostly because Satan is going to try and do anything he can to get me not to read!
so many blessings to you!
your sister in Christ,
Meg
3 comments:
You can do it!!! Just ignore that mean ol' Devil!
I'm also doing this and wanted you to know I'll be praying for you, and all of us!
I so feel you about being ashamed because you know so little! And girl, I know that my knowledge of the Bible is much less than yours. I am so psyched to be doing this though, it's so encouraging. It does wonders for your day though to start it off with a hour with God. You know I'll be praying for you!(if I ever start wavering in this challenge, it will be when school starts.)
Post a Comment