So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it.
Pursue the things over which Christ presides.
Pursue the things over which Christ presides.
Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you.
Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ-
that's where the action is.
Seeing things from His perspective.
Your old life is dead.
Your new life, which is your real life-even though invisible to spectators-is with Christ in God.
He is your life.
Colossians 3:1-3 (MSG)
I was listening to Joyce Meyers Going Deeper in God the other day and I realized that I really and truly needed to go deeper in God.
Sure, I read my bible every day...but am I taking anything away from it really? Am I really memorizing and studying His word to prepare myself for the world?
Sure, I lead a pretty good life...but am I impacting the nations the way Jesus told me too?
And sure, I have a lot of great ideas to further His Kingdom here on earth...but have I started any of them?
I've been thinking a lot about this verse found in Revelation, chapter 3, verse 15-16: I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either on or the other! So, because you are lukewarm, I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
I pray that I don't have lukewarm faith, but I'm sadly reminded that at times, I do.
There are days where I don't spend a single minute of my time with God. There are days where I just don't want to get out of the crappy mood that I'm in. And I could blame all of these things on the fact that I'm human and imperfect...but I've gotten to the point where that's just an excuse.
This verse is so strong, don't you think? Jesus warns us that if we are lukewarm, then He's going to spit us out of His mouth.
Wow.
So how do we avoid that?
spend time daily with God,
know His word,
create more than just a religion in your life and make it a relationship with Him,
yearn to spend time with God,
repent daily for you sins,
prepare yourselves to be moved by the Holy Spirit.
At least those are my answers.
It's going to take time, I can't just wake up tomorrow feeling life everything is different. No one ever said a relationship with Christ was going to be easy.
I love the way the Message translates Colossians 3. I know that I'm saved because of a Mighty Savior, but do I live my life that way daily? Do I wake up with the glass half full instead of half empty all the time? Am I seeing things from His perspective? Am I helping those in need? Am I spreading the gospel at any given time and opportunity?
And here's the one I'm working on right now: do I really truly understand what it means to have 'died to self' and taken this life with Him?
My brain is on overload right now from Gods goodness. I'm praying that my ears stay open and I continue on this journey of grace.
Have a blessed weekend friends!
2 comments:
This is awesome! A great, real post about what God is doing in your life!!
:)
great thoughts--I love it!
Great post! So much of what I was kicking around when I read Ps 78...we need to teach our children His Word, let them see not only His faithfulness to us, but ours to Him.
Post a Comment