Friday, April 15, 2011

Guest Post: Miss Emily

Hello! I can't tell you how excited I am to have Emily from Psalm One Thirty Nine guest post this month!
She is a wonderful young woman of God and I'm so blessed to have met her!
I found her blog a while ago, and found it so inspirational. She shares what's on her heart in such a beautiful way...go stop by her blog and you'll know just what I'm talking about. She's a beautiful young girl from the south, and uses words like ya'll...it's too cute.
Ok enough of me, here she is:

Hey yall! First and foremost I want to thank the chica at this inspiring blog for having me be a guest-poster! What an honor! Thanks, Megan! I’m Em! You can find my ramblings over here at psalm1thirtyone@blogspot.com!

Here’s a little background on me in case you have no idea who I am:
I’m a simple girl with a simple message: Jesus loves you. God saved me from the pit of Hell when I was eighteen years old. I am now twenty :) Prior to accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and my Savior, my life was a complete mess. I never really grew up in a church-going home. Growing up, I knew who God was and I knew that He had a son named Jesus… but that was the extent of it. My teenage years were filled with struggles: everything from anorexia, depression, bulimia, sex, … you name it and that was me. I was constantly searching to fill the void in my heart. Nothing filled it. I always was left broken hearted and wanting more… wanting something else. It is by the absolute grace of God that I am alive today! On June 26, 2009 Jesus rescued me. He was and is my knight in shining amour! I got to a point in my life of complete chaos and complete destruction. I had absolutely nothing. It was then that God molded me and grabbed me from the pit that I was in. Surrendering my life to God and accepting Jesus Christ as my Savior filled in the void in my heart. I became a new creation! Yall, I cant even begin to tell you how much my life has changed since then. My priorities, life goals, relationships, and just about everything have done a complete 180. I am alive in Christ and He is alive in me. I SO love my Jesus and want you to know that He loves you! Just as you are. No if’s and’s or but’s. Jesus loves me despite my past. He loves me despite the sins that I commit every single day. And He loves you just the same!

For this guest post, I wanted to write about something that has been on my heart this past week. You can actually sum it up in three words and commit it to memory in about three seconds. Here it is: GOD IS UNSHAKABLE. The God that rules over this earth is a completely untouchable, unchanging, unshakable God. That gives me goose bumps! The God that saved me and that loves me and that is an intimate part of my life is also the same God that put the earth into motion, the same God that made every grain of sand on the beach (think about that one for a second…) or how about this one: He is the God that has counted and knows every hair on my head. Just read the book of Psalms for some more :) Take a look at Hebrews 12:28-29: “Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.” I find myself over and over again asking: why is it that the God who made the heaven and the earth still speaks and calls to me over and over again? He definitely loves you more than you can imagine or dream of. That brings me to my next point: everything in this world is so temporary. And boy, that gives me such hope and excitement! This world is not our home! God has something so much better waiting for His children! So often we get attracted to the things of the world that are unstable and we forget to look at the God who is unshakable. He is the God that loves you more than anyone on this earth could ever love you. He sits on His throne always. He planned out your life before you were even conceived in your momma’s tummy. He is the Ultimate guide… He is unshakable. I find myself over and over again losing sight of this. How refreshing it is to meditate on who our God is. It is life a peace comes over me when I think of who God is and the work that He has done in my life. God who is the alpha and the omega. God who so loved us that he died in our place to give us life eternal. There is nothing worth in this world that can be compared to our God. We live each day on the mercies of God. God is the Sustainer. He loves you. He desires you. He thinks of you at every moment of everyday. You are His. He is yours. Let us rejoice and be glad in Him, everyday. Because our God? He is unshakable.
Thanks so much for having me and for reading this, you guys!! One last thing: Here’s a youtube video/song that I would LOVE for yall to listen to and be inspired by. Sums up everything I just wrote!
-Emily




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

This was so wonderful to read. You are right-it is so incredibly easy to forget that He is unshakable, and everything here is temporary. I was watching a little cartoon with my three year old last night on Moses, and I was re-reminded as I watched all the plagues, and all the miracles, how incredibly awesome in power and love is our God. And that he would love us, and care about us? It truly is amazing.

P.S.Thanks for having her, Megan. I love Emily's blog, and how God speaks through what she writes.. I came across it pretty recently, and was instantly taken by her writing.

a girl with a smile said...

I loved this. thank you Emily <3